Thursday, March 31, 2011

Everybody is Famous in a Small Town

Sometimes I find it comforting being from a small town, where everybody knows just about everybody.  Where people are still willing to lend a hand and the average graduating class from the local high school is about 150 kids.  But then there are times that I absolutely despise being from a small town, because everyone knows everybody and everybody's business, word spreads fast, folks are nosy, and the old ladies can only half hear and like to gossip.  I have been experiencing the latter far more times than I would like here since I've gotten back.  Lots of people in the community know that I got married and moved to out to the Land of Oz, however apparently a vast majority of these people do not know me well enough or are not close enough to me to know that my DH has already deployed and that I have just returned home for part of his deployment.  These people tend to be fairly shocked when I run into them out in about town and of course they must immediately find out what I am doing here.  I don't mind telling them what I am doing home, but its how they ask it that I have a problem with.  For example, here are two questions I encountered this week.  1) (I was in a local exercise class that I regularly had attended before moving) "I was shocked to see you here, what are you doing here?" and 2) "Why are you here?"  This really bothered me and I think mostly because of the tone and questioning and what I felt was implied behind it.  I really felt they were after some juicy gossip, like they just wanted so badly for me to say, that I had left my husband or we were on the rocks and that's why I was back.  Well guess what ladies.......sorry I am not your source for a good story!!!!  I am MADLY in LOVE with my husband and I am fulling supporting him until he gets back!!!  And I am here at home, only temporarily for part of his deployment to save some money, I will be returning to the Land of Oz come this fall to establish our new home and have everything patiently waiting for him!!  (Sorry for the vent!)


Til Next Time........Scouts Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment