Sunday, March 27, 2011

What Do You Say?

"I'm sorry" or "Aren't you glad to be home?" or "Have you heard from him?" or "Dont you miss him, when are you gonna get to see him again?" or "Where is he?"  
I can't even begin to count how many I have heard these questions/comments, since my DH has left.  And everytime, I stare with kind of a dumb look on my face with a loss for words.  I know they are just being nice, trying to make conversation and don't know what else to say, but I don't know how to respond.  I mean sure, I know what I would like to say sometimes, but I know most civilians would not understand several of my replies, or would  interpret  me as being rude.  For example, when someone says "Aren't you glad to be back home?" I really want to yell at them and say "NO!", I want to be back in the Land of Oz with my husband there.  But seriously, what are you supposed to say??  If anyone has come up with some good comebacks or replies please let me know!


Til Next Time.....Scouts Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment