Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bit Off More Than I Can Chew

So I decided to start another craft project to have something to do and help pass the time.  However, this time I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew.  I had been seeing several ladies carry around ACU purses and thought it would be nice to have one, but all of them I found online were $60 or more.  I thought, well I made a whole quilt, a purse cant be that hard.  Boy was I wrong.  First of all, the sew machine is a scary and complicated thing.  I finally got it all threaded and started to sew and then the thread messed up.  After fixing it about three times, I gave up on it and decided to tackle it by hand.  I have got the basic part of the purse done, but the only problem is some how its bigger than purse size, its more like a tote bag.  This of course makes me sad, because I wanted to carry it on an everyday basis, but I guess I will wait to see it completely done before I make that final decision.  The next crafty thing I decide to do is definitely not gonna be this complicated.


Til Next Time......Scouts Out!

2 comments:

  1. Check out ebay for some. I'm not sure the style of purse you're looking for but I just searched ACU Purse and got a wide variety. I hope that helps, and of course good luck with your current project :) I love reading your blog so keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly what I wound up doing! I decided I didnt like the way my 'purse' more like unsturdy tote bag turned out, so I bought one on Ebay! It should be here the beginning of this week, Im excited!

    ReplyDelete