Sunday, April 3, 2011

Awkward

Do the questions/comments/hardly related stories ever stop?  I'm just curious, because I am still getting them and my DH has been gone for well over a month.  And the thing is I still haven't figured out how to respond to most of them.  Answering the questions are probably the easiest, even though they get annoying, but when someone starts telling you some hardly even related story, about someone they know, that was some how connected to something military or its some old story about themselves from way in the past, I stand there awkwardly not knowing what to say.  I feel really odd just standing there, but what do you do? I usually just wind up saying "uh huh", smile, nod, and then politely walk away. All of the questions/comments/unrelated stories still bother me too.  I try very hard to not let them get to me, because I know the people mean well and they just dont know what else to say, but yet every time they still get me.  I wind up be blah and bummed the rest of the day.  Sometimes I wind up wishing I had stayed in the Land of Oz.  I guess I'm slowing finding out where the best place to go through a deployment is.  Wonder if my opinion will stay this way?


Til Next Time......Scouts Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment