Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Greetings From the Land of Oz.....

Where to start, where to start?  Well, I guess I should start with a brief run down of who I am and where I am in my life as a CavScout Wife.  I am Amber, a 20-something Army Wife and Fur Momma to a Westie named Finnegan.  My Darling Husband (DH), whom I will refer to as Top Gun (TG), and I just got married in December, kicking off my journey as a Cav Scout Army Wife.  We have been together for five years and he has been in the Army for 2 of them and before that he attended the West Point of the South.  We or should I say, I am currently at our first duty station in the windy state of Kansas.  TG is serving his first tour of duty in the Sandbox.  In the short amount of time that I have been an Army Wife, I've already experienced the sudden changes and inconsistency of the Army, for TG was scheduled to deploy in May in support of Operation New Dawn for about a nine month deployment and as you see that didn't happen, since he is already gone.  We were hit with a complete 180, a longer deployment and a new location with about 30 days notice.   I will be returning to our home state of VA for part of the deployment.  I look forward to sharing my experiences and challenges as a Cav Scout Wife through out our adventurous Army life journey. 


Til the next time.....Scouts Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment