Sunday, March 20, 2011

Where Would We Be.....

......without modern day conveniences/technology.  As I made my journey this weekend from the Land of Oz back to my home state of VA, I caught myself thinking several times about how glad and thankful I was that we live in the age of cars, radios, air/heat, GPS, highways/interstates, and gas stations, etc.  I can not even begin to fathom the journey otherwise.  I took the time to think back, to many, many years ago about the brave and strong people that made this same journey on the wagon train.  I can not imagine making this trek on foot and with a horse and wagon caring all of your belonging.  There were no highways or interstates, to even help make it easier, instead they migrated over all types of terrain in all types of weather.  They dealt with life threatening dangers along the way and it took them well over two days to make the move.  I am so thankful for the modern conveniences that make it possible for my biggest worry to be how much I will pay for gas.



Til Next Time......Scouts Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment