Tuesday, March 15, 2011

To Go or Not To Go......

....What a complicated decision.  This is a decision that probably almost every Army Wife will have to deal with at some point in time during their husband's career.  There are so many factors to weigh and consider, when deciding to stay on post (or the surrounding area) or to return home for your husband's deployment.  For me, I found the decision surprisingly hard to make.  I thought it would be a no-brainer for I have only been in the Land of Oz since January, am hundreds of miles away from my family, don't know that many people and do not have a job out here.  Yet, somehow I feel a strong attachment to my new community and home, even with my husband gone.  For here, there are several ladies going through the exact same thing, who truly understand how you feel, there is the FRG (Family Readiness Group), PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel), and that unexplainable sense of belonging and pride that comes to those who are members of the Army Family in the Army Community.  How do you choose, your real family or your Army family?? I know every single persons situation and experience is different and what might be right for one wife might be wrong for the next 10 wives you see.   What finalized my decision to go home was, the fact that my DH would worry less (which equals a safer soldier) and feel better with me being at home, knowing I would be taken care and the amount of money we could save.  We also decided that it would be best for me to return to the Land of Oz about four months before he is scheduled to return, that way I can get everything set up and so that TG can return to some normalness. Guess we will find out soon if the decision I made to go home was truly the right one for me.


Until Next Time.......Scouts Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment